Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Taste of the Lowcountry


Catie and Ken met me yesterday afternoon for part one of their getting to know you session downtown in front of Charleston Cooks on East Bay Street. I planned a surprise cooking class for them with Tracy. When I first called her to share my idea she was just as excited as I was and planned a great lowcountry menu for the two lovebirds to create together! The menu included, summer tomato soup, shrimp and grits and peach cobbler for dessert.


Reviewing the recipes!


This was the perfect way to pass a very hot afternoon and for the three of us to spend time together. Catie is on her way to Boston to start her PhD program and next July they will get married in Albuquerque, New Mexico.



Cheers you two! I can't wait for the next Kraper-Draper get together! That's right.. their last names are KRAPER and DRAPER!

Cudo's to Tracy and Charleston Cooks!!! It was a fantastic afternoon.
You can see more of their escapades in the kitchen here!

1 comment:

Jill Higgins said...

Fun times! I love Charleston Cooks - I bet they had a blast!