Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash Wednesday

Lent begins today for many Christians ~ a reflective and for some, repentive time before Easter. You know how we make those New Year's Resolutions with every good intention that THIS year will be different...a year older, maybe a year wiser, and yup...I can and will keep them this time! Now here we are with almost two months down into 07 and how have we done? I can tell you honestly that I haven't kept all of mine. I have done a pretty good job at the easy stuff but fell pretty hard and fast when it came to the harder issues. You know the one's I am talking about. The issues that tug at our hearts and can weigh heavy on our minds. Well, we have a new day, a new chance and for those of us who believe the added reinforecment of Jesus Christ and His awesome promise to us. So, let Lent begin. By God's grace I will do those things that are in my heart that need to be addressed in these 40 days. The second best part to Easter is my trip to Ireland with my daughter and mom! Bring it on. :)

BTW: I added some links to some great sites. Check them out. My long time friend is an author and she has a blog you may want to check out. I can tell you she is a better writer than I am. I am all about the picture storytelling myself..you dont have to worry about grammer!!

No comments: