Friday, May 25, 2007

At Home In Charlottesville


Today is Erika and Sean's wedding day at Ash Lawn. Laura and I will be heading there around 2:00 to get to work. It is going to be another spectacular day and I couldn't be happier for them!

Yesterday I split the day between Peg and Dana. I started out driving over to my old neighborhood off Owensville Rd. to see my old house. It has been on the market for awhile now and looked pretty lonely with no one living there to take care of it. Then it was off to Bodo's for breakfast and shopping on the downtown mall.



Mojitos with lunch at Mono Loco!


Peg had to leave for an appointment and then head to Fluvanna for her son's baseball game. I headed out to meet Dana for coffee at this cute coffee shop in Belmont. There are a lot more coffee spots in and around Charlottesville now. It reminded me of Seattle.


Dana and I headed back to the Mall to walk before catching up again with Peg. The new amphitheatre is beautiful and the mall was quite busy with it being such a gorgeous day. I saw John Grisham and his wife, Vanessa having dinner and Boyd Tinsley, the violinist from the Dave Matthew's Band, having a drink at Miller's. I took this photo of the mall before I saw him sitting there. Boyd is in the right corner!




We had a delicious dinner at Orzo, an Italian restaurant and wine bar.


For fun I took their photos outside the restaurant against this cool blue tile wall. Both of them love blue!


It was a great day!

If you live in or have ever been to C'ville, I would love to know what your favorite thing to do is! Leave a comment here.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Lea -

I love these pictures! I've never been to Charlottesville, but these make me want to check it out. Looks like a great place.

AND - I'm so jealous you got to see Boyd Tinsley. I love the DMB!

Have a great holiday weekend!