Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Greetings and Surprises From Harrisonburg

Yesterday was quite a blur now as I sit and write this post. I was so excited about leaving to start my trip, I left all my makeup at home. For those of you that might be thinking - BIG DEAL... it is for a "mature" lady like myself. (hehe) So I guess a trip to the store is on tap for today. What will I do without my BOBBIE BROWN!!!

The drive was uneventful. The weather was gorgeous and I drove all 8 hours with the top down. It felt great to have my music blasting, singing and driving all by myself.

I got to Laura's house around 3:30 in the afternoon. Look how lovely it is.


This is Katie and Shane.



Luke


Colin

The McLaughlin's have started a huge renovation project to add on to the back of the house. I got to see some of the work they have already done and the beginnings of the expansion.


Laura and I finally sat down to catch up when one of the workmen came in to ask for a hose. Then he came back in to ask us to call 911. THERE WAS A FIRE! We spent the next two hours outside watching the firemen do their job. Thankfully no one was hurt and there was minimal damage.





I am looking forward to a little quieter day with Laura today!