Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One of THOSE nights!



So, you know how life sometimes throws you a curve ball or two? I have been really blessed by not having too many of those - I think God knows I am NOT a great athlete! :) I am a good dancer but hitting a ball...NOT! Anyway, it really wasn't THAT kind of curve ball anyway!
I was out on the beach on Sullivan's shooting a really cool family around 6pm when the sky got SO black REALLY FAST! The wind was whipping around and you could just tell you had minutes to get off the beach or you would be pelted with rain. We were lucky enough to make it! I even missed raindrops in my car by maybe 15-20 seconds while I got the hood up!
The Schuster's were lucky but I had an engagement sitting right after that! So for Kevin and Amy the timing was not so lucky!
They drove up from Hilton Head tonight just to do their photos. So I met them at my house! Kevin had never met me and I had walked in about one minute before they pulled up. I know I made quite the impression! HAVE YOU HEARD OF MEDUSA!

So, I threw a blanket on the floor of my sun room with a bottle of wine as a little surprise. They don't like red wine (it was red). Oh well! No beach, no good alcohol for them. MAJOR STRIKEOUT! We snapped a few shots inside and then when the rain subsided a bit we shot a few in my back yard. I am meeting them at 6:30 in the morning at the beach to try again!






2 comments:

Jill Higgins said...

You said you are good at dancing...but you forgot to add "with scarves!" hahahaha

Sorry...couldn't resist.

That storm was terrible yesterday!

Lea Dales Photography said...

Scarves - no scarves
clothes - no clothes
I can always dance :)
the pix this morning on the beach at sunrise are nice!