Friday, July 6, 2007

A Really Cool Family and a Contest


Okay, so yesterday I met this family downtown for just a few minutes to take their picture before they had dinner. I wish I could have spent more time with them! I got a call from Liz Hardy a few weeks ago asking me to meet them. She told me all about their amazing family! The dad, in his 80's, was a World War II pilot. His wife is also famous. Her nickname is "Bit O Honey" ~ sound familiar! That's right, the candy bar, Bit O Honey was named after her!!!



Then there is one of their son's who lives out in LA. His family and I got to the park first and we got to chat for quite awhile which was awesome. He created the cartoon CatDog!


His son is a senior at NYU (that's where I graduated so long ago) studying film and his daughter is about to go to Rhode Island to study photography.

So here is what I thought would be fun! Why not hold a contest to get a package of "nostalgic candy", like Bit O Honey!

Leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite candy was as a kid and I will draw a name in a few weeks and send you this Retro Candy Gift Box full of favorite nostalgic candy assortments ~ COOL HUH!!
1940’s: Abba Zabba, Beemans Gum, Bit O’Honey, Bubble Gum Cigars, Candy Buttons, Candy Cigarettes, Chuckles Jelly Candy, Cow Tales, Giant Smarties, Jujubes, Jujyfruits, Jumbo Mint Stick, Oh Henry, Pearson’s Salted Nut Roll, Red Hots, Rock Candy Crystals Box, Sen Sen, Sugar Daddy Pops, Teaberry Gum, Tootsie Pops, Bulls Eye’s Caramel Creams, Chick O Stick Nuggets, Necco Assorted Wafers, Root Beer Barrels, Black Taffy, Tootsie Roll Midgees & Walnettos

I loved red licorice strings!!! I would knot them up over and over again, then pop it in my mouth and see how long I could suck on it! What about you.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hi Lea!

What another cute contest!

There are so many good ones to choose from, but I would have to say my favorite candy as a kid were Sugar Daddy Pops and Fun Dip.

I haven't had any in ages so what a treat it would be to get all this terrific candy....although I definitely DON'T need it!
:-)

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Kathryn

Anonymous said...

I don't fall into any of the categories you mentioned in your above post (I'm just a blog reader - I don't have one of my own), so I don't know if I'm eligible, but I'm going to share my favourite candy anyway in the hopes that it will help get more people to comment.

My favourite candy when I was a little kid was fruity bears (like gummy bears, but made with fruit juice). There was a bulk food store that we used to go to every month or two for staples like flour and oatmeal, and every time we went we'd get some fruity bears as a treat.

Nicole
ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

Lea Dales Photography said...

thanks Nicole!
ANYONE CAN comment :)
I am glad you did and thank you for checking out my blog!

Lea Dales Photography said...

Hi Kathryn!
I hope you are doing well. Thanks for always commeting and for looking :) It makes me feel good to know my wonderful brides want to stay connected.
L

Jill Higgins said...

Awww man....I loved B B Bats - yum. Remember when you would go to the country store and buy loose candy and put it in a small brown paper bag? Those were the days!! lol

Anonymous said...

Just checking out the site. Katie is my neice, Patti is my sister, yes they are both GREAT!
Patti will agree with this one. We would go to our grandparent house out of town several times a year. There was a "family" store across the street. The best thing of all was getting Grandpa to dig in his pockets for nickels and pennies to take over for that "brown bag of candy". My favorite would have to be the grape gumballs or the little balls of chocolate coated with colored candy, there were about 8 in a plastic wrapper. The best memories were or course, Grandpa and his teasing when he looked for the change, it always seemed to magically appear from behind someones ear!

yanmaneee said...

lebron james shoes
kd shoes
kd 12
kyrie 5 spongebob
moncler
stone island sale
supreme hoodie
yeezys
yeezy boost 350 v2
moncler

seseth said...

Bonuses go right here why not try here louis vuitton replica company website her comment is here