Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Elsa: Trashin the Dress in Ireland


Okay everyone! Here they are. Photos and a slideshow of my wonderful and beautiful Elsa indulging my artistic side while we were in Ireland. The story is truly amazing. I have been having so much fun with my friend Jill trashing dresses in Charleston that I got this crazy idea to trash a wedding dress while we were away. In Galway, I mapped out a few local "charity shops" in the area and headed out with my mother as soon as they opened. We had less than one hour to find a dress. Three of the shops had nothing. It was almost 20 til 10 and we had to load the bus at 10. The last shop had one dress tucked away in the back room. Thirty Euros later I had a dress!! It was meant to be. Elsa got to try the dress on that afternoon and take a few shots outside our hotel, The Jury's Inn. The dress fit her like it was made for her...yet another sign. Now I had to share my vision with Tom, our fantastic driver and guide. I told him I wanted the ruins of a castle or abbey and could he find that for me? HE DID! In fact, we were all blown away by the fact that it was not only visually amazing, but there were cows and horses living there that actually liked being around people!
These were in Galway



The abbey




You can see the entire slideshow here

2 comments:

Neal said...

That's great! A "bridal" with a "bridle" (the bride with the horse) ++

diane said...

What a great idea - and the pictures are absolutely beautiful. I have to purchase those pictures of "my little bride". Thanks for doing such a great job of photographing in Ireland. Diane